xtime/libtai/"right"

Markus Kuhn Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Oct 11 11:35:27 UTC 1998

Bradley White wrote on 1998-10-10 18:53 UTC:
[very good discussion deleted, a agree with all you said]
> People seem to
> dislike struct xtime because of the ability to represent bogus
> leap seconds.

Just for the record: ISO 8601 style display UTC as well as struct tm
also has the ability to represent bogus leap seconds such as
01:02:60.123. Therefore I have serious problems understanding why
exactly some people here feel uncomfortable about struct xtime because
of this. (For the same reason, I also do not understand Paul's discomfort
with the possibility of out-of-range nsec values.)

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>