tz changes for Australia 2000 Olympics, Jordan, Poland, Brazi l, etc.

Olson, Arthur David (NCI) olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Mon Aug 16 14:01:12 UTC 1999

	* Modify localtime.c to default to the current US rules if the TZ string
	  specifies DST without rules, and if we can't load the default rules.

	+		if (*name == '\0' && load_result != 0)
	+			/*
	+			** Default to current US rules if TZ has no
rules
	+			** and we can't load the default rules,
	+			*/
	+			name = ",M4.1.0,M10.5.0";

At the least we may want to refer to "US rules as of 1999-08-16" rather than
"current US rules."
We may also want to cite chapter and verse of an international standard (if
applicable) to explain why U.S. rules are being used (to avoid bashing of U.S.
computer imperialists).

				--ado