FW: Changes in Brazil's daylight savings

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Tue Aug 17 18:46:32 UTC 1999

   From:	Ricardo Reis [SMTP:rreis at ms.com]
   Sent:	Tuesday, August 17, 1999 12:09 PM

   Brazil's daylight savings has been changed. Now it will start on Oct
   03 1999 and will end on Feb 27 2000.

Is this change just for this year, or is it permanent?  I.e. will the
autumn change always be on the last Sunday in February?

I'm CC'ing this message to dsh at on.br, which is the official contact
point for the Departamento Servico da Hora of the Observatorio
Nacional.  Their web site http://pcdsh01.on.br/ doesn't list the new
decree, but I assume that it will soon.

   I am attaching a southamerica file that includes this changes,

Hmm, the file that you sent didn't have any changes.  I'll hold off on
proposing changes until knowing whether the change is permanent.