FW: correction for tzdata/leapseconds

Markus Kuhn Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 14:05:13 UTC 1999

"Olson, Arthur David (NCI)" wrote on 1999-07-22 13:43 UTC:
> [...]

I agree. The string "TAI (atomic time)" should definitely be replaced by
something like "UT1 (astronomical earth time, corrected for known
periodic fluctuations)".

See also

  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/ITU-R-TF.460-4.pdf
  http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/volatile/astronomical-time.pdf

for the official definition of UTC, but please don't include these URLs
(only temporarily available).

Markus