When Citizens Disagree on Even the Time of Day

Paul Hill phill at myriad.com
Mon May 10 19:25:42 UTC 1999

Paul Eggert wrote:

> On today's op-ed page of the LA Times, Jorge G. Castan~eda,
> [...]
>    The country cannot even agree, literally, on the
>    time of day.

I would hope they wouldn't agree!  What time did he want it to be
in the whole country: LA Time, Mexico City Time or maybe halfway
in between?

Sounds like a silly analogy about fragmentation to me.

Or to look at it another way, if someone in The Capital wanted to
impose a country-wide standard time, I can see why there would
be fragmentation!

-Paul