Installation of tzcode1999e_tar.gz and tzdata1999e_tar.gz

Luis Miguel Navas Santos lnavas at MyAlert.com
Fri Sep 3 10:23:55 UTC 1999

Hello.

I would like to ask you a question about the installation of these packages in HP-UX 11.0.

I have installed them and I have two warnings:

cc: "localtime.c", line 1260: warning 527: Integral value implicitly converted to pointer in assignment.
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file (date.o) was detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x system.

But up to here, everything is OK (every executable is in the right place, under the /usr/local/ directory, and the PATH variable is set correctly). I set the TZ variable to, for example, America/New_York and the date command doesn't give me the right time.

I have checked the file /usr/bin/locale and it's a  PA-RISC1.1 shared executable dynamically linked. Maybe that's the problem. Could you tell me how can I update the version of this file, or how can I compile the package to be able to execute the included files for the PA 1.1?.

Nevertheless, the directory /usr/lib/locale and its subdirectories don't exist. This could be another posible mistake. I have checked a Solaris installation and it exists and works. There is an option in the Makefile which allows to set the path to the "locale". I don't know what this exactly means. Is it a reference to the executable file or a reference to the Sun-like subdirectory.

If you could tell me some suggestions or posible solutions I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,

Luis Miguel Navas.