Proposed changes

Olson, Arthur David (NCI) olsona at dc37a.nci.nih.gov
Tue Sep 21 14:24:51 UTC 1999

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Alex LIVINGSTON [SMTP:alex at agsm.edu.au]
	Sent:	Monday, September 20, 1999 7:08 PM
	To:	'tz'
	Subject:	Re: Proposed changes

	I can't quite discern from  the "diff" information provided what's
supposed
	to have happened in Jordan. Is the country now "permanently" (i.e.
	year-round) on UT+03? What is being proposed for the time-zone "suffix"?
	Surely not "EEST", meaning, I presume, Eastern European Summer Time?
	Shouldn't it rather be the same as other countries in the region (if
any)
	that are on UT+03 year round?

The change is based on correspondence that read (in part):
	In April I reported that Jordan had stopped using DST. Now the
government
	will use DST all year long
Given the "DST all year long" language, using a DST-designating abbreviation
year-round
seemed like the right thing to do.

				--ado