zic.8 in HTML format

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Wed Apr 19 22:02:09 UTC 2000

   Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:25:10 +0200
   From: Oscar van Vlijmen <o.van.vlijmen at tip.nl>

   I converted the zic.8 page from tzcode2000c to HTML format,
   completely by hand.

"groff -Thtml -man zic.8" would have done it automatically,
though with results that don't look as nice as what you did.

If we were to switch the format of manual, it should be to a format
that is designed for documentation, e.g. Texinfo, DocBook or
linuxdoc-sgml; I think this would be more useful than switching to
HTML.

In the meantime I wouldn't bother to maintain separate copies by hand,
as groff is good enough.  It shouldn't hurt to add rules to the
makefile to generate the HTML automatically, though.