Some little errors

Antoine Leca Antoine.Leca at renault.fr
Wed Dec 20 17:05:36 UTC 2000

Paul Eggert wrote:

> > From: "Ciro Discepolo" <discepol at tin.it>
> > Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:35:44 +0100
>
> > In Italy, in 1944, there was a double situation: in the northern cities
> > of the Gothic line (around Bologna) daylight saving time was excluded on
> > October 2. Instead, in the southern cities of Gothic line, this daylight
> > saving time, was excluded on September 17.
>
> Yes, that's quite plausible.  Northern Italy was still running on
> German time.  However, we don't need a separate entry for Bologna
> since it is in the same country as Rome and has used the same time
> rules since 1970, our cutoff date.

It would be rather an entry for Milano (the most populated city).
Bologna is just a country on the then border, to help people (like me)
figure where the line were.

> Did San Marino use the same rules as Rome back then?

San Marino, like Vatican, is quite southern from Bologna, so should have
followed the same rules as Rome, rather than the rules fro the Northern
part ("Milano").
This is a pure guess based only on geographical data. I did not
check about the real laws.

Antoine