last day of the 2nd millennium

Brian Garrett mgy1912 at home.com
Sun Dec 31 19:04:53 UTC 2000

Good points, Alex.  Although I'm still not convinced that Dionysius Exiguus
was able to deal with the concept of zero
(wasn't everyone in Europe still using Roman numerals back then?), the
arguments for beginning a new century with
xx01 still carry more weight.  I hereby join Alex in welcoming us all to the
21st Century and the third Millennium, regardless of which year you
celebrated.

Happy New Year (and any related powers of 10 thereof :))
Brian Garrett