Wachamacallit again

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Mon Feb 7 23:50:28 UTC 2000

   Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:36:40 +0100
   From: Oscar van Vlijmen <o.van.vlijmen at tip.nl>

   AltaVista gives 8246 hits when looking for 'zoneinfo'.

   It is probably wise to rename the database or the web presentation of it,

I just tried AltaVista, got an estimated 10313 pages found, and
checked the first ten pages by hand.  Nine were references to the time
zone database; the other web page wasn't reachable.

I also tried ``tz'' and got an estimated 85414 pages.  None of the
first ten pages were for the database.  Several were for Tanzania, as
TZ is its two-letter country code.

So from this admittedly limited survey, ``zoneinfo'' is a good name
but ``tz'' is not.