DST in Sudan?

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Mon Feb 21 21:00:13 UTC 2000

Apparently, Sudan started using DST on January 15th. Sudan is not exactly
over-exposed when it comes to Internet web sites, so it is a bit difficult
to find any updated newspapers or other media there with more details.

I was informed of this by Michael De Beukelaer-Dossche
<michaeldbd at yahoo.com> which is in Khartoum at the moment:

"I asked around here in Sudan, and it seems that the
government just added one hour to stimulate the
economy.  This happened the 15 of january this year,
and will normally stay like this forever (exept when
the government falls or changes his mind again).
Inshallah as they say here in Sudan.  Hope you can use
this information on your website"

Regards,
Steffen

--