data file recommendation

Martin Smoot msmoot at nssolutions.com
Fri Jul 28 15:39:14 UTC 2000

I recommend adding the date of the change to the data files.  The africa
data file for example only has the following at the top of the file:

# @(#)africa	7.33

The other data files also lack the date.

I don't think that the file date in the tar files can be depended on to
be the date of a change - I know for sure that some of the files in the
March distribution have not been changed for a while.  The pacificnew
file has a time tag of Mar 14 09:39 but is no different from the file I
have been using since October 1998.
--
Martin Smoot
Network Storage Solutions