Time Zone App Beta
Syed.Sajjath at wcom.com
Wed May 17 22:30:04 UTC 2000
I am working on a similar project myself. Would also be interested to know
how you assigned timezones to Country's Region.
From: Andre-Tascha Lamme [mailto:andre-tascha.lamme at ironriver.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 5:18 PM
To: tz at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Subject: Time Zone App Beta
A few days away from completing a Windows (32bit) app and accompanying
ActiveX control for time zone stuff
Need some testers to trash it for me. Please send me an email
(andre-tascha.lamme at ironriver.com) if interested. (Let me know if you want
the control or the app)
Basic specs on the app/ActiveX:
- Have approximately 28,000 locations (cities, etc.)
- Each location is based on a Region (e.g. Asia), Country (ISO3166-1)
and a Country's regional info (ISO3166-2) if applicable. Each location has
GMTOffset and standard DST info (if observes, the dates and amounts of
- In the app, one can browse or search through locations and add them
to actives (i.e. for display).
- Can add new locations (still debating whether or not I want to deal
with allowing folks to send me their additions).
- Can add people identifiers and assign them to existing locations.
(Allows you to see what time it is where "Aunt Mathilda" is, rather than
just generic "Providence, Rhode Island").
- Can set alarms/reminders to go off as of the specified time for a
target location (i.e. Aunt Mathilda wants you to call her at 15:00 her time)
- Any other suggestions?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tz