week starts at Sunday or Monday??

Antoine Leca Antoine.Leca at renault.fr
Wed Oct 4 17:52:49 UTC 2000

Paul Hill wrote:

> Antoine Leca wrote:
> > Hmmm... Historians disagree upon knowing if the Bible texts were written
> > prior or after the establishement of the first Christian communities.
>
> I'm not sure how this issue is related to the first day of week question.

I am sure it is not. Which is what I wrote (you should read it as "since
the Bible does not predate the beginning of Christianity, the argument is
moot.") I am sorry if my style was elliptic, since I previously had no
intention to continue this discussion any further.

I assume I should apologize for being off topic. So, I beg your pardon and
everyone's else pardon to have followed up on this one.

<snip>
> Numbering days of weeks is part of code, but what is the "right" day 1 is certainly
> getting a bit of topic. [...]

May I suggest to return to my post that started this drifting thread:
: > what is day 1 ???
: > is it Sunday, or Monday?
:
: Culturally dependent.
:
: > what is the Right Thing to do?
:
: Ask the user. In other words, to NOT bound this in the code
: you are writing.

I am sorry if it was not caught at first time, but it seems to me we are
right now in complete agreement. In the case my English was faulty on the
first shot, I mean that what I wrote is exactely the same as your
conclusion in the post dated 2000-10-04 10:01:08 -0600.

Regards,
Antoine