(Cyprus), Nicosia is in Europe not Asia.

David Keegel djk at cyber.com.au
Tue Sep 12 23:10:08 UTC 2000

] > > For some reason Nicosia has been listed as being in Asia and not in
] > > Europe. Can this please be changed?
]
] I personally don't care whether Cyprus is considered part of Asia or part of
] Europe.  However, it might be considered a politically sensitive question,
] since control of the island is currently split between Turkish Cypriots and
] Greek Cypriots.  Therefore, I think the tz archive should follow standard
] geographical practice.
]

Let me add another one.
The United Nations' Statistical Division lists Cyprus as being part
of Western Asia (like Turkey), not Southern Europe (like Greece).
Reference: http://www.un.org/Depts/unsd/methods/m49regin.htm