Alternative place names?

Dik.Winter at cwi.nl Dik.Winter at cwi.nl
Wed Sep 27 23:14:13 UTC 2000

 > I am NOT proposing to change the Theory rules, but I wonder: population
 > count, popularity, media exposure all change, a capital hardly or not. A
 > capital is or should be known to everybody. Haven't we all had some kind of
 > geography lessons, years or decades ago?

Oh, come on.  How many people in the Netherlands know the official name
of its capital?  How many people not of Dutch origin know what the real
capital is?  And it would seem strange to use that name in the files in
conjunction with "Amsterdam time".  I am quite happy with Europe/Amsterdam,
but that is where I live of course ;-).

dik