zic: Compilation of tzdate files ok but some files are missing

francois reygagne freygagne at opteway.com
Tue Apr 17 21:15:09 UTC 2001

On Linux RedHat 6.2, kernel 2.4 I compile tzdata using zic.

Everything is OK, the compiled data files are produced into

/usr/local/etc/zoneinfo and when I compare to the current tzdata files

/usr/share/zoneinfo I realized that the files bellow are missing in my new compiled directory

iso31166.tab

posix

posixrules

right

zone.tab

[root at freygagne tzdata2001a]# ../tzcode2001a/zic africa antarctica asia australasia backwar
d etcetera europe factory northamerica pacificnew solar87 solar88 solar89 southamerica syst
emv
"backward", line 49: warning: hard link failed, symbolic link used
"backward", line 50: warning: hard link failed, symbolic link used
"backward", line 51: warning: hard link failed, symbolic link used
"backward", line 52: warning: hard link failed, symbolic link used

the symbolic links are GMT+0 GMT-0 GMT0 Greenwich Universal and Zulu

Is it normal ?

François REYGAGNE. Software Architect.
opt[e]way S.A., 2881 route des Crêtes, BP308
06906 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, FRANCE
tél: +33 (0)4 92 95 27 01    http://www.opteway.com