zic.c compilation on OSF Tru64 Works with -std0 option

francois reygagne freygagne at opteway.com
Wed Apr 18 13:09:32 UTC 2001

Paul Eggert wrote:

> > Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:55:34 +0200
> > From: francois reygagne <freygagne at opteway.com>
>
> > cc: Error: zic.c, line 415: In the definition of the function "error", the promoted type of string is incompatible with the type of the corresponding parameter in a prior declaration. (promotmatch)
>
> It sounds like your compiler is broken.  You might try using GCC
> instead; it should work.  Or you can try compiling with __STDC__
> disabled; there may be an option to tell your compiler to compile
> in "K&R mode", where __STDC__ is not defined.

I just set into the Makefile of tzcode CFLAGS as bellow using cc compiler on OSF Tru64 and it works.
I just recall you I'm working on OSF1 V5.0 1094 alpha :

#FOR TRU64 It works
CFLAGS= -std0
#FOR TRU64 use cc
cc= cc

Could you upgrade your Makefile to take into account this update needed to complete successfully the tzcode binary generation
for tyhe compaq OSF Tru64.

--
François REYGAGNE. Software Architect.
opt[e]way S.A., 2881 route des Crêtes, BP308