Tonga DST

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Thu Aug 16 17:08:51 UTC 2001

> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:31:56 -0500
> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jesper_N=F8rgaard?= <jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx>
>
> Are there any confirmations at the moment about whether Tonga will
> in fact stop using DST?

On 07-17 Rives McDow wrote me privately:

  The Kingdom of Tonga will move to DST at 0200 local time on Sunday,
  November 25, 2001 and revert back to standard time at 0300 local
  time on Sunday, March 3, 2002.

I haven't had time to publish this info in tz format but will include
it in my next proposed TZ patch.  (I still have all those Greenland
changes to digest.  :-)

Here are the additional Tonga lines, if you want them right away.

Rule	Tonga	2001	only	-	Nov	25	2:00s	1:00	S
Rule	Tonga	2002	only	-	Mar	 3	2:00s	0	-