Corrections of zone.tab for CN entries

Anthony Fok anthony at thizlinux.com
Thu Dec 20 08:00:59 UTC 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 03:49:48PM +0000, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> Oscar van Vlijmen said:
> > The Chinese Central Government has divided China into different regions,
> > which consists of :
> > 23 Provinces
> > 5 Autonomous Regions
> > 4 Municipalities
> > 1 Special Administrative Region

As of Year 1999, there are _two_ Special Adminstrative Regions:

	Hong Kong SAR, China
	Macau SAR, China

> > The autonomous regions with their capitals are:
> 45  Guangxi Zhuang - Nanning
> 15  Nei Monggol (Inner Mongolia) - Hohhot
> 64  Ningxia Hui - Yinchuan
> 54  Xizang (Tibet) - Lhasa
> 65  Xinjiang Uigur (or ... Uygur; chinese prefer Uigur) - Urumqi

Not sure about this one.  When I searched for Xinjiang, I usually see the
spelling "Uygur" being used on official Chinese government websites.  Of
course, your mileage may vary.  :-)

> > The special administrative region is:
> 91  Hong Kong

Not sure what the number is for Macau.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling