DST rule in California

Jesper Nørgaard jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Sun Feb 4 00:55:00 UTC 2001

The official statute about time zone handling in Mexico has been issued, either yesterday or the day before, February 1.

The links I have found is
Newspaper Reforma:
http://www.reforma.com/negocios_y_dinero/articulo/068587/
Portal Terra:
http://www.terra.com.mx/noticias/nota/20010201/114738.htm
Official statute published by the Energy Department:
http://www.conae.gob.mx/ahorro/decretohorver2001.html#decre

The only difference of what I have sent to the mailing list previously is that surprisingly Baja California (North) state is not following the new schedule, but instead follows normal Pacific Time as for instance the California state in USA. This means that it starts DST First Sunday in April 2001 at 2:00 and ends DST Last Sunday in October 2001, while most of the other locations in Mexico (with exception of the state of Sonora) starts DST First Sunday in May at 2:00 and end DST Last Sunday in September at 2:00.

Regards,
Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Programador/Analista
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (5) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (5) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
CIMMYT home page:
 http://cimmyt.cgiar.org
Check out my free program World Time Explorer:
http://timezone50.homepage.com