IERS Message No. 3

central_bureau at iers.org central_bureau at iers.org
Wed Feb 7 15:17:12 UTC 2001

IERS Message No. 3                                         February 7, 2001

From: Jim Ray (USNO 202-762-1444) <jimr at maia.usno.navy.mil>
Subject: [BULL-A] corrupt finals files
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 14:00:33 EST

We have just learned that the long-term EOP series maintained here for the
IERS Rapid Service/Prediction Center have been corrupted. These series are
a byproduct of the IERS Bulletin A process but the Bulletins themselves
are not affected. The affected files are:

  ftp://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.all  (data since 19 May 1976)
  ftp://maia.usno.navy.mil/ser7/finals.data (data since 01 Jan 1992)

The period in these files that was affected was between MJDs 50000 and
51600 (10 Oct 1995 to 26 Feb 2000) and the corrupt files were available
to the public since early November 2000.

The problem files were replaced at 18:25 UTC today. If you are a user of
either of these files, particularly for the period between 1995 and 2000,
please retrieve an updated version.

I apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
Sincerely yours,
Jim Ray