TZ database content

Thomas Carey tcarey at bluetrain.com
Fri Feb 9 17:36:39 UTC 2001

Srini - I have found it necessary to take exactly this approach, incorporating one "snapshot" of the TZ data into our product itself so that it would work properly everywhere. (our web application takes local time from the user's computer, but requires explicit (or implicit) selection of the timezone in effect for each entity to which a timezone applies.)

tc