TZ database content

John A. Halloran seagoat at primenet.com
Tue Feb 13 05:53:00 UTC 2001

At 01:23 PM 02/13/01 +1100, Alex LIVINGSTON <alex at agsm.edu.au> wrote:
[snip]
>But the Chatham Islands, though east of 180 degrees longitude (and
>thus in the western hemisphere), are _west_ of the date line, which
>necessarily diverges from the 180-degree meridian to lie east of the
>Chatham Islands.
>
>Closer (presumably) to home, you've also left out Newfoundland
>Daylight Time (+02:30).

You're right.  I will add that.  I will also add the 1:30 time zone
observed from April through October, 1988 as Newfoundland Double Daylight
Time.

>Please pardon my indignant tone :-) .

Actually, your comments are really appreciated. Thank you for taking the
time to correct the mistakes or shortcomings in my time zone list.  You
have a superior knowledge of world time zones which I respect.

Let me know if I may communicate my revised list to you for review.

Regards,

John Halloran, Halloran Software
P.O. Box 75713, Los Angeles, CA 90075 U.S.A.
http://www.halloran.com/
e-mail: seagoat at primenet.com