Plea to Microsoft to allow RTC=UTC

Christoph Bugel chris at tti-telecom.com
Tue Jul 3 08:28:29 UTC 2001

> Please let me know if you have any further
>
>  - arguments
>  - technical suggestions/proposals
>  - related references
>  - URLs of well-documented RTC DST problem stories

I think M$ should get rid of the automatically-adjust-daylight-savings-time
checkbox. They can do the right thing, without asking the user if they should
or should not do the right thing.. And the return value of the time() function
should not jump with 3600 seconds as it does (sometimes, it depends..) when DST
starts or ends. And it would be nice if it represented seconds since 1970 UTC
(by contract)

Alternatively, there is always fdisk ;)