bug in tzcode2001c: strftime locale cache

Jonathan Lennox lennox at cs.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 14 18:41:58 UTC 2001

The strftime locale code attempts to read the locale cache even if the
cache wasn't set up correctly.  This leads to bogus output on your program's
second (and subsequent) call to strftime(), if lookup failed.

I discovered this because lookup failed for me on Solaris and FreeBSD -- on
Solaris because locales are kept as .so's, and on FreeBSD because the "C"
locale is left implicit and not stored on disk.

This patch fixes this.