EU directive

Joseph S. Myers jsm28 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Mar 29 17:20:12 UTC 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Markus Kuhn wrote:

> I'd argue that "Greenwich Mean Time" is a misstranslation here and that
> the English document should have referred to "Universal Time" as well,
> like all the other language versions do.

What does European law have to say about the authenticity of the different
language versions of directives, and about the handling of conflicts?
(I'm sure the former must be included somewhere in the information of
europa.eu.int, though I can't locate it, and the latter must be the
subject of case law if nothing else.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm28 at cam.ac.uk