Time Zone Problem.

John Nicolas jnicolas at dinmar.com
Mon Jan 7 20:43:16 UTC 2002

Hi,
I’m wondering if you can help with Time Zone daylight saving problem, I’m
trying to set the date/time on my server so that the server thinks it’s
going through a time change, where I’m located is in Canada Ottawa, and
where time zone I’m working on is in Southern Hemisphere in Australia, the
reverse is true in October, but not in April like in Ottawa, there is no
time like 2:15 am, but in Australia, that time happens twice in one night. I
did several tests on different locations it work but Australia/South it didn
’t change, I also try it on different OS (WinNT), and it worked where times
ends at 3am on Sunday 25 March 2001. Clocks should be turned
back one hour to read 2am. I’m trying to set it up on Unix OS. The hardware
that I’m using is different from that in South Australia, but the software
is the same. We are both using Solaris 2.6.
South Australia
>  Begins at 2am on Sunday 29 October 2000. Clocks should be turned forward
one hour to read 3am.
>  Ends at 3am on Sunday 25 March 2001. Clocks should be turned back one
hour to read 2am.

in init file TZ=Australia/South
at the prompt> date 0325015901   (date MMDDhhmmyy )
> date
>Sun March 25 1:59:00 CST 2001

Thank you for your time and Please Advise.

Best Regards,
John Nicolas