utility creating a dst cache

Mariano Absatz baby at baby.com.ar
Fri Aug 1 20:00:58 UTC 2003

Hi Chuck,

I've never used the tz database directly (I only keep it up to date and let
the time be correct :-)

However, AFAIK, the tz package is a loosely coupled set of utilities and
libraries and it would be really hard to know if, for instance, the tz part
of the libc changed...

WRT the zoneinfo files, I don't think they have a serial number or the
like, maybe you could cache an MD5 signature of the file together with your
dst cache and check it periodically.

HTH

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby