FW: compile errors on timezone database

Rodrigo Severo rodrigo.lists at fabricadeideias.com
Tue Dec 2 20:43:58 UTC 2003

Olson, Arthur David (NIH/NCI) wrote:

>Diane Kledzik is not on the time zone mailing list; direct replies
>appropriately.
>
>As an fyi, I receive compile errors when I compile (using "zic") the time
>zone database downloaded in the tzdata2003d.tar file from your
>ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/ site.

I have just compiled the northamerica file from tzdata2003d.tar.gz with
my zic without problems (running GNU/Linux Conectiva 9.0).

>The error messages read: "northamerica",
>line 954: invalid time of day "northamerica", line 955: invalid time of day
>"northamerica", line 978: invalid time of day "northamerica", line 979:
>invalid time of day
>
>Those lines in the northamerica file are below.  Is it safe to assume I need
>to change the 24:00 references to 0:00 instead?

Just changing 24:00 to 0:00 would give you wrong results for sure.

Changing from "lastSat 24:00" to "lastSun 0:00" might get you correct
results but I'm not sure.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo

Rodrigo Severo
Fábrica de Idéias
Fone: +55(61)321 1357
Fax: +55(61)223 1712
SBS - Quadra 2 - Ed. Empire Center - Sala 1301
Brasília/DF - Brasil
CEP: 70.070-904