Change in Pakistan TZ rules?

Jesper Nørgaard jnorgard at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Feb 9 02:54:53 UTC 2003

I have tried for some time to check the TZ database on
ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzdata2002d.tar.gz
but neither this nor /pub/ or /pub/tz/ gives any result. Is there
an alternative address? I presume that 2002d is still the latest
official version.

Steffen Thorsen on http://www.timeanddate.com has Pakistan to
end DST in 2003 at Sunday the 5.th. of October instead of 15.th.
October as TZ database ver. 2002d will have it. Is that an
official change? I believe that in 2002 Rives McDow had the
transition time in October originally to be October 6, 2002.
However, that is of course less relevant if we had an authoritative source
on how it will be in 2003.

Regards,

Jesper Nørgaard Welen
Email: jnorgard at Prodigy.Net.mx
Project Leader (Líder de Proyecto) Software
CIMMYT  -  Centro Internacional de Mejoramiento de Maíz y Trigo
Dirección: CIMMYT Int. c/o Jesper Nørgaard
Km. 45, Carretera México-Veracruz
El Batán
Texcoco, Edo. de México
CP 56130   MEXICO
Tel.:	+52 (5) 58-04-20-04  ext. 1374
Fax:	+52 (5) 58-04-75-58
Tel. Casa:   53-10-05-95  ó  53-10-97-78
Download the free program World Time Explorer, I made:
http://www.cimmyt.org/timezone/index.htm