Fernando de Noronha summer time?

Oscar van Vlijmen ovv at hetnet.nl
Sat Nov 8 14:31:34 UTC 2003

> From: Paul Eggert <eggert at twinsun.com>
> Subject: Re: Fernando de Noronha summer time?

> # Fernando de Noronha (administratively part of PE)
> # Other Atlantic islands have no permanent settlement.
> # These include Trindade and Martin Vaz (administratively part of ES),
> # Atol das Rocas (RN), and Penedos de Sao Pedro e Sao Paulo (PE).
>> http://www.flytime.com.br/horario.htm
>> This tourism site says that FN did not observe summer time in 2000-2001, but
>> the other oceanic islands did.
> (It also gives UTC offsets for Trindade, Martin Vaz,
> Atol das Rocas, Penedos de Sao Paulo e Sao Pedro: UTC-2 in winter,
> UTC-1 in winter.  This is the only such claim I've seen for these
> islands.  However, I still haven't found evidence of permanent
> inhabitants for these islands.)

About the population of the Brazilian isles.
The closest one can get to an "evidence" is probably through the "ISLAND
DIRECTORY" of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
<http://islands.unep.ch/isldir.htm>
The page with Brazilian isles:
<http://islands.unep.ch/IXD.htm>

>From this page I extracted:

Inhabited:
Fernando de Noronha; population: 1266 (in 1980)

Listed as inhabited, but population not stated:
Biopeba
Grande
Itaparica
Ilha de Maraca