TZ changes for Brazil for 2003/2004

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Sat Sep 20 04:47:34 UTC 2003

At 19 Sep 2003 23:51:38 -0300, Vitor de Matos Carvalho writes:

> In the site of the Ministry of Mines and Energy -
> http://www.mme.gov.br/noticias/2003/setembro/18.09.2003.htm has an
> official notice, however it does not have the number of the decree.

Thanks; that URL will do nicely.  Perhaps the responsibility for
decrees has shifted from the president's office to that ministry.

That decree says that daylight-saving time will end on midnight,
February 14, 2004.  I understand this to mean 24:00 on February 14,
which is 00:00 on February 15.  If this understanding is incorrect
please let me know.  I'd like to propose tz patches very soon,
since it takes time for this stuff to propagate.