FW: Wrong offset for Mongolia

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Tue Sep 23 22:17:26 UTC 2003

Thanks for the reference.  The current tz database currently claims
that Mongolia has 3 time zones: Asia/Hovd at +7, Asia/Ulaanbaatar at
+8, and Asia/Choibalsan at +9, with no DST.  This doesn't contradict
the URL that you cite, though it does have an additional claim that
the far east is a separate time zone.

Reliable time zone information about Mongolia is a bit hard to come
by.  I suspect this is partly due to the fact that Mongolia is
traditionally nomadic, and that there is understandably a
laissez-faire attitude about how one sets one's clock.