Update: URL of Time and Date Gateway changed

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sun Apr 4 15:49:24 UTC 2004

I just now updated <http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm> to point to
that page.

I noticed one other minor problem with that web page: it mishandles
zones whose names contain two or more slashes.  For example, the web
page has an entry 'Indiana' but when I follow the link to the URL
<http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/xtra/t?tz=America/Indiana> the resulting web
page says "Invalid Timezone: America/Indiana --
/usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Indiana".

The affected zones are:

America/Indiana/Knox
America/Indiana/Marengo
America/Indiana/Vevay
America/Kentucky/Monticello
America/North_Dakota/Center

I see the web page doesn't list any name related to
America/North_Dakota/Center, which was added in tz-2001d.  Nor does it
list other recently-added names like America/Bahia (added in
tz-2003d).  Perhaps you're using a old version of the tz data, or an
old version of the tz names?  You can get the current list of names
from zone.tab in the tz distribution.

This suggests another possible improvement: at the bottom of the web
page you might list the tz version number or some other time stamp
associated with the tz table itself.  Unfortunately there's no easy
way to get the tz version number from the installed data.

These are common-enough problems that I'll CC: this to the tz list.