Change in Mongolian daylight saving time

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Fri Apr 16 19:46:10 UTC 2004

At Fri, 16 Apr 2004 16:36:02 +0900, Ganbold <ganbold at micom.mng.net> writes:

> Daylight saving occurs at 02:00 local time last Saturday of March.
> It will changes back to normal at 02:00 local time last Saturday of
> September.  Please make appropriate changes.

Thanks for the news.  Can you please let me know when the rules changed?

The current zoneinfo tables say that Mongolia observed daylight-saving
time from 1983 through 1998.  Then it stopped (except that it observed
daylight-saving time once, in 2001).  Is this information correct?

If so, then we'll assume that Mongolia changed the rules again, and
started observing daylight-saving again this year.  Do you think they
will change the rules again soon?

Thanks.