Israel 2005-2007 -- Proposed Timezone Dates

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Mon Dec 13 13:24:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, I wrote:

> On Tuesday night, the Prime Minister dismissed all the ministers of
> the Shinui faction of his coalition including the Minister of Interior.
> However, by law, the dismissal takes 48 hours to take effect and the
> outgoing Minister of Interior used his authority on Thursday (December 2nd)
> to set the dates from my previous message for the years 2005-2007 despite
> the fact that the dates had not yet been approved either by the Interior
> Committee or the Knesset.
>
> However, it is not clear that this authority is legally binding -- i.e.
> whether these dates will be entered into the "reshumot" (the State of
> Israel's official register).

Israel's Attorney General ruled this afternoon that the former minister's
declaration is not legally binding as it was not co-ordinated with the
Interior Committee and has left the matter of DST dates for 2005-2007 for
the next Minister of Interior who has not yet been appointed.  Hence, there
are no official dates for 2005 and beyond.

I will update the list if and when there are new dates for 2005-2007.
Ephraim Silverberg, CSE System Group,        Phone number:    972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.        Fax number:      972-2-5617723
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim       E-mail: ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il