Israel 2005 and Beyond -- Proposed Timezone Dates

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Tue Dec 21 20:03:15 UTC 2004

Ephraim Silverberg <ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il> writes:

> if the law passes, I will write a C programme that will output TZ
> times for Israel for any given year.

Thanks for following up on this.

For Iran's DST rules, I used GNU Emacs's cal-persia
(emacs/lisp/calendar/cal-persia.el), and perhaps you'll find it easier
to use emacs/lisp/calendar/cal-hebrew.el instead of rolling your own
calendrical code.  I've found the Reingold code in GNU Emacs to be
quite reliable in practice.  He co-wrote the definitive book on
calendrical calculations; see
<http://emr.cs.uiuc.edu/home/reingold/calendar-book/second-edition/>
and GNU Emacs is derived from that work.