Argentina's timezone blues... aftermath

Mariano Absatz baby at baby.com.ar
Sat Jun 5 14:48:37 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm deeply sorry, I had a couple of completely maddening weeks and
wasn't able to follow up on my postings... I couldn't even read if
someone did... I'm posting old news so, if this has already been
posted, please disregard my message (I'm not on my computer right
now, and I can't easily access the list archive)...

So... I know what's going on, but I couldn't find official sources...
The 'official federal source', only says that the 'national' timezone
is UTC-03:00 ( http://tinyurl.com/yvhh9 ).

These media articles from a major newspaper mostly cover the current
state http://www.lanacion.com.ar/04/05/27/de_604825.asp
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/04/05/28/de_605203.asp

The changes in Mendoza are those that Paul incorporated a couple of
weeks ago.

The following eight (8) provinces pulled clocks back to UTC-04:00 at
midnight Monday May 31st. (that is, the night between 05/31 and
06/01).

Catamarca
Chubut
La Rioja
San Juan
San Luis
Santa Cruz
Tierra del Fuego
Tucumán

Apparently, all nine provinces would go back to UTC-03:00 at the same
time in October 17th.

Sorry for providing so little info, so late.--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
mailto:baby at baby.com.ar
http://www.baby.com.ar/
    PGP KEYS: http://www.baby.com.ar/datos/personales.html#claves_pgp