Time Zone Localizations

Mark Davis mark.davis at jtcsv.com
Sat Jun 12 01:06:37 UTC 2004

That sounds like the best abbreviation, with the full name being Olson Time Zone
Identifier. And as a reference, should we say something like:

Olson Time Zone Identifier (Olson TZID) as defined by
ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

Is there a stable link to a document that we could cite as the specification for
the IDs, instead of just pointing to an FTP site?
http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm is more of a background document than a
specification.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com