Time Zone Localizations

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Sat Jun 12 06:33:21 UTC 2004

"Mark Davis" <mark.davis at jtcsv.com> writes:

> we can't point people to a document that they can read, that
> describes a specification.

I don't see why not.  If you want a list of Olson TZIDs, you can make
a copy of zone.tab, and point people at it.  Or if you want the
specification for the zic input file format, you can make a copy of
the zic man page, and point people at that.  This stuff is all in the
public domain.

On the other hand, if the existing documentation is not enough for
your needs, then it might be helpful if you could write something that
will do the job, and contribute it back to the mainline distribution.
Documentation is often the hardest job in volunteer efforts like
these, and I'd welcome any good contributions in this area.