Time Zone Localizations

David Keegel djk at cybersource.com.au
Sun Jun 13 07:49:03 UTC 2004

There are general rules for choosing TZID names and various other things
in the "Theory" file within tzdata.

I'm not sure if that helps Mark, because I'm not really clear on exactly
what sort of specifications he is looking for.

But in any case, newcomers seem to have difficulty finding things like
the naming conventions in the Theory file.  It might be worth putting
pointers to the Theory file from tzcode and the zone.tab file from tzdata
in places like
	http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm
and maybe the README for tzcode.  Perhaps there should even be a short
README for tzdata and/or ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/.

] The latter is what we need; it needed be a long document, and I'd be glad to put
] together a draft for your consideration.
]
] Mark
] http://www.macchiato.com
]