Beginner questions

Ruby Ballen RBallen at hypercom.com
Wed May 26 15:11:51 UTC 2004

Some questions about this library (please, keep in mind I'm new using it):

1) I was testing localtime() using US/Pacific as time zone and trying to see if transitions to DST
were done correctly. So I set my local time to April 4 2004, 1:59 a.m.. Some minutes later the local
time was correctly reported as April 4, 3:02. Then, I set my local time to October 31, 1:59 and I
double checked that localtime() was in fact giving me 1:59. Two minutes later I was expecting the
wall clock to go back one hour. It didn't. What am I doing wrong?

2) Is it possible to disable DST changes when using this library? Say the user wants to move the
clock forward/backward manually when DST is in effect instead of the library doing it for him.

Thanks a lot for you help.

RBallen