Brazil 2004 DST changes.

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Oct 4 23:58:44 UTC 2004

Rodrigo Severo <rodrigo.lists at fabricadeideias.com> writes:

> In the 1st of october the presidential decree 5223 has been published

Thanks for mentioning this.  Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <p at ppires.org>
also mentioned this, so I'll CC: this message to him as well.

Apparently the original announcement on October 1 did not mention that
Mato Grosso will observe DST, but this was corrected (or changed?)
today.  Do you happen to know why?  Do you think there will be further
corrections or changes?

on Tuesday morning, November 2, and this leads me to worry that 2004
will resemble 2000.  2000 had a flurry of decrees in September and
October, each amending the previous one.