UK news: Nigel Beard's Lighter Evenings Bill fails

Dave Stewart DaveS at teletext.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 13:10:07 UTC 2004

This may be a silly question but, out of interest, could someone tell me
what the main drawbacks of doing this is?

My initial reaction was to think this may be a good idea, based on being
fed-up with dark evenings riding a motorcycle home from work, but I may
have missed something obvious here, which I hope someone can point out?

I suppose that if we don't experience GREENWICH Mean Time as the Local time
at SOME time in the year, it would be laughable bearing in mind it's a UK
town!

Best Rgds,
Dave Stewart