Proposed 64-bit changes

Robert Elz kre at munnari.OZ.AU
Tue Apr 26 14:54:28 UTC 2005

    Date:        Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:57:44 -0700
    From:        Paul Eggert <eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU>

  |   * The tz code does not yet support the quoted time zone abbreviation
  |     syntax required by POSIX starting in 2001.

Rather than documenting the deficiency, wouldn't it be just as easy to
fix it?   It doesn't look as if it should be too hard.

I haven't contributed any tz code in years now, so I'm likely
to be a bit rusty on the details, but if no-one else wants to
handle this, I'm willing to take a look.

If the syntax isn't as trivial as "Anything enclosed in a <> pair
with no internal escape" (ie: no method to include '>') could someone
with access to the spec please send the exact definition.

kre