what about Indiana?

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Aug 17 05:43:46 UTC 2005

> From: Eric Fischer <enf at pobox.com>
> To: Paul Eggert <eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU>
> Cc: John Hawkinson <jhawk at mit.edu>, tz at minnie.nci.nih.gov

"minnie"?  I see that the tz mailing list gremlins are still hard at work.
As far as I know, only tz at elsie.nci.nih.gov is supposed to work these days.

> The Indiana bill is SB 127, online at
>
>     http://www.in.gov/apps/lsa/session/billwatch/billinfo?year=2005&session=1&request=getBill&doctype=SB&docno=0127
>
> ... According to
>
>   http://www.in.gov/apps/lsa/session/billwatch/billinfo?year=2005&request=getActions&doctype=SB&docno=0127
>
> it was signed into law May 13, 2005.

Thanks for the legal references.  I looked for something a bit less
forbidding, and it appears to me that the short summary is as follows.
So I'll propose a patch along those lines.

# From Paul Eggert (2005-08-16):
# http://www.mccsc.edu/time.html says that Indiana will use DST starting 2006,
# and that many counties may switch either to Central or to Eastern time.
# The county-by-county decisions have not been made yet, so for now assume
# that no counties will switch: this assumption is most likely wrong,
# but it's the best we can do for now.