Corrections to timezone database

Paul Eggert eggert at CS.UCLA.EDU
Fri Feb 4 00:11:54 UTC 2005

Thanks.  Do you have any references for the TTB abbreviation?  I
searched for definitions and uses with Google and could not find
anything.  By far the most common use of "TTB" that I found in China
was for the Tibetan Tourist Bureau.

> For other municipalities such as Beijing, Tianjin and Chongqing,
> there are a large area of surburb around them, while the population
> density of these surbub areas is far more lower than downtown.

Even if you take that into account, Shanghai is still larger than
Beijing according to the statistics that I found.  My source is
<http://www.world-gazetteer.com/>.

> And, you may know, someone may take it as political issue the lack
> of Beijing.

Yes, quite possibly.  If that happens, perhaps you can help explain to
them that the database also omits many other major capitals, including
Washington DC, New Delhi, and Brasilia, and all for the same reason.