Paraguay timezone rules

Steffen Thorsen straen at thorsen.priv.no
Wed Jan 5 23:24:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Jesper Norgaard Welen wrote:

> There are several sources that claim that Paraguay made
> a timezone rule change in autumn 2004, which not only
> changed the date that Paraguay entered DST in 2004
> but will also affect DST dates in 2005.
[...]
> I tried to verify this with some internet searches, but
> could only find one source that interestingly is
> updating the TZ rules in a local version.
> The source is http://avi.alkalay.net/linux/zoneinfo/Paraguay.txt
> and it claims the following rule for Paraguay:
>
> # Rule  NAME      FROM  TO     TYPE  IN    ON	     AT    SAVE LETTER/S
[...]
> Rule    Paraguay  2004  max    -     Oct   Sun>=15   0:00  1      D
> Rule    Paraguay  2005  max    -     Mar   Sun>=8    0:00  0      S

I had reports from several users about the change, but was not able to
confirm it at the time, but now I found the decree:

According to DECRETO N 1.867 del 5 de Marzo de 2.004
http://www.labor.com.py/noticias.asp?id=27&tit=cal

which says (in Spanish) that DST in Paraguay starts on the third Sunday in
October and ends on the second Sunday in March, which confirm the two last
rules above.

Best regards,
Steffen